Austin suspect charged with attempted murder in jail cell incident PDF Print E-mail
Written by Marty Randall   
Wednesday, 09 January 2013 00:00

 

 

An Austin man waived initial hearing proceedings in Scott Circuit Court on Monday, January 7, and entered a not guilty plea to recently filed charges that included one count of attempted murder.

Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 06:44
Read more...
 
Driver air-lifted to U of L Hospital after accident at Boatman/S.R. 56 West PDF Print E-mail
Written by Marty Randall   
Wednesday, 09 January 2013 00:00

 

One driver was air-lifted by medical helicopter to University of Louisville Hospital after being injured and trapped inside the wreckage of his vehicle in an accident on Monday, January 7.

Read more...
 
Driver on wrong side of road reported to cause death of Scottsburg Wal-Mart greeter PDF Print E-mail
Written by George Browning   
Friday, 28 December 2012 00:00

 

 

A fatal crash in Washington County on Christmas Eve night, December 24, killed an 82-year-old employee of the Scottsburg Wal-Mart.

Last Updated on Thursday, 10 January 2013 13:43
Read more...
 
Downtown businesses destroyed, Scottsburg Jamboree damaged in probable explosion PDF Print E-mail
Written by George Browning   
Friday, 28 December 2012 00:00

 

Investigators hoped to be able to enter what is left of a dental office on the south side of the Scottsburg downtown square on Friday morning, December 28, after the office and a finance center next to it were destroyed in what some are calling a possible explosion.

Read more...
 
Historic building in Scottsburg burns PDF Print E-mail

 

A huge explosion and fire gutted a dental office and caused moderate to severe damage to adjoining buildings during the early morning hours in downtown Scottsburg on Thursday, December 27. The explosion occurred some time around 1 a.m. Eventually, three other fire departments joined Scottsburg volunteer firemen in controlling and then dowsing the flames that threatened an adjoining finance office, an overhead apartment and the historic Scott Theater. Debris from the explosion, which preliminary reports say was caused by a faulty furnace in the dental office, littered Wardell Street directly in front of the commercial block. Investigators with the local fire department and State Fire Marshal's Office were awaiting confirmation on Thursday afternoon that the building was structurally sound before entering it to continue their efforts.

 
<< Start < Prev 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 Next > End >>

Page 132 of 259