|Commissioners agree to funding support for business incubator|
|Wednesday, 22 April 2009 00:00|
Washington County Economic Growth Partnership (WCEPG) Executive Director, Jerry Rose, addressed the Commissioners and asked them to support the concept of a commerce incubator in Washington County. The basics idea of a commerce incubator is to provide support in the form of technical assistance, office/warehouse/production space, and legal, financial, and managerial counsel at little or no cost to local individuals starting new businesses. The cost of the program will be paid out of the Economic Development Income Tax Fund (EDIT). In late 2008, the Commissioners and the County Council agreed to earmark 25% of EDIT money for non-road projects. Although no exact dollar figures were discussed in regards to the incubator project, all the Commissioners agreed to support the project as a means of encouraging local entrepreneurs. Additional information about the commerce incubator is available through the WCEGP at 883-8803.
Other items of business conducted by the Commissioners included the following:
- Unanimous agreement to hire Hornsby Consultants to do an income survey of the county in preparation for grant application to pay for development of comprehensive land use plan
- Unanimous agreement to submit road paving projects at Shorts Corner Road/Vincennes Trail and Mt. Carmel Road/Horner's Chapel Road to be part of a $14 million grant for the Seymour District of the Indiana Department of Transportation from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Unanimously approved use of the former Emergency Management Office in the court house for use by the County Coroner
- Discussion of building permit fee increases
- Update of Bridge 113 project
- Update on truck bypass
With no further business to conduct, the Commissioners adjourned until their next regularly scheduled meeting on May 6.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 April 2009 12:13|