|New Pekin Town Council meets for last time in 2008|
|Monday, 22 December 2008 00:00|
The New Pekin Town Council met in regular session on Tuesday evening, December 16 with all members present. The Council approved the minutes of the previous meeting, all claims, payroll, and sewer adjustment requests.
The Council unanimously approved the following:
• Trash pick up contract with Scotty’s Sanitation (no increase for 2009).
• Contract for Town Attorney, Alice Bartanen.
• Meeting schedule for 2009 (3rd Tuesday of each month, 7pm).
• Nomination of Mike Bowling as Council President for 2009.
• Appointment of Mike Bowling to the Solid Waste Management Board for 2009.
• Increase in rental fee for Pekin Park shelter house from $50 to $75 in 2009 (Prepaid reservations made prior to December 16 will not be subject to fee increase.).
Town Manager, Gary Nale, received unanimous approval from the Council to negotiate with a firm to repair the roof on the town hall. According to Nale, the 32 year old roof is starting to leak. The Council instructed Nale that a maximum of $26,405 could be spent on the project.
Nale also supplied the Council with bids to replace damaged playground swings at the Pekin Park. The Council authorized Nale to purchase a 4 seat swing unit in the amount of $2003.
Bartanen informed the Council that a tentative agreement has been reached in a dispute between the town and a local developer. Bartanen asked for an executive session prior to the January 20 to explain the details of the agreement and receive approval from the Council to act in the town’s behalf regarding the dispute.
As a final piece of business, Council members Frank Anderson and Mike Bowling were sworn in for their new terms by Clerk Treasurer, Sherry Clem.
With no further business to conduct, the Council adjourned until their next regularly scheduled meeting on January 20.
|Last Updated on Monday, 22 December 2008 13:52|