|?North Harrison deals with personnel in December meeting|
|Written by Administrator|
|Monday, 22 December 2008 00:00|
? The North Harrison Board of School Trustees dealt with personnel matters in the final regular meeting of 2008, as well as the final meeting of Supt. Dr. Phil Partenheimer’s tenure as head of the schools.
Hired was Mrs. Cheri Stephenson, as the second Renaissance Sponsor at North Harrison High School effective 2008-09 school year and Greg Oppel as a volunteer 7th and 8th grade boy’s basketball coach for the 2008-09 school year.
The Central Office position went unappointed, and was voted down by a vote of 3-2.
Karen Rothrock as Varsity Girl’s Track Coach at North Harrison High School resigned her position, effective December 4, 2008.
The board also approved a 25-year warranty of Baseball Lights at North Harrison High School from Kerns Electrical Services ($12,000), to be paid from HCCF and Riverboat Funds.
The board also approved of new/updated Telephone System for North Harrison Elementary (phase 1 - $37,000, out of elementary construction funds) and Main Campus (phase 2 - $48,500, out of Capital Projects Funds).
In other business, the board:
• Approved a $4.3 million temporary loan from Regions Bank (2.85 percent rate).
• Approval of Great American Financial Services as Third Party Administrator of 403b as per IRS regulation effective January 1, 2009.
• Approval of School Board Salary – each member will receive $2,000 for 2009.
• Authorized for the Corporation Treasurer to reconcile major budget categories and to pay outstanding bills which should be charged to the 2008 budget.
• Approval of bid for Surplus Art Clay at High School from Mr. Brian Harper, Indiana University Southeast for $250.
|Last Updated on Monday, 22 December 2008 13:17|