|2013 Pekin Idol rules|
|Written by George Browning|
|Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:00|
The Pekin Community Betterment Organization has released the list of rules for this year’s Pekin Idol competition, which will be held on July 5, 2013 as part of Pekin’s annual Fourth of July Celebration.
The rules are as follows:
1. Open registration begins at 5:30 pm and ends at 6:45 pm at the Grandstand in Pekin Park.
2. Completed entry forms and fees are required during registration.
3. The Pekin Idol contest officially starts at 7 pm at the Grandstand.
4. Age categories are listed below; contestants 17 and under must have parental consent.
5. All contestants should have 2 songs picked out in case of a tie. Tie breaker contestants will perform a second song, different from their first. The winner will be picked based on audience response.
6. You must bring your own CDs with your own music, only vocals. Songs should be 4 minutes or less.
7. Contestants will be judged on appearance, vocals, performance and audience reaction, so bring all your family and friends to cheer you on.
8. Neither the Next Wave System or the PCBO will be responsible for accidents.
Entry fees by age group:
Age 12 and under: $10.00 fee; Winner’s prize: $50.00; Runner Up’s: $25.00
13 to 18: $15.00 fee; Winner’s prize: $100.00; Runner Up’s: $50.00
Adult: $20.00 fee; Winner’s prize: $200.00; Runner Up’s: $100.00
Make checks payable to Pekin Betterment Organization, P.O. Box 135, Pekin, IN 47165. If you have any further questions, call Rhonda @812967-3305.