2012 Christmas Parade Entry Form November 24, 2012
Written by George Browning
Wednesday, 14 November 2012 09:06
2012 Christmas Parade Entry
Form November 24, 2012
Name of Organization/business/family ____________________
Contact Name: _______________________________________
Contact Phone number(s) _______________________________
Email Address ________________________________________
Describe your entry____________________________________
Signature (by signing I agree that I have read, understand and
agree to abide by all rules listed below).
Return top portion of the form to the Chamber of Commerce, 201 E Market St., Salem, IN 47167 or email to
. Keep the bottom portion for your records and share with persons participating in your entry.
1. Any animal(s) must be controlled by the owner at all times.
2. No life-like Santa’s are allowed. No person may be dressed as Santa.
3. The distribution of candy and/or other items will be done in a safe manner.
4. No loaded firearms or weapons are allowed.
5. All vehicles must maintain a safe speed and distance from the other parade entries along the route. A full car
length should be maintained between each entry.
6. The Chamber of Commerce will be responsible for assigning positions in the parade.
7. All entries need to be visible during dusk or dark hours. Lights on entries are encouraged. Headlights are to
be turned on.
8. Participants will meet in the parking lot behind Rite Aid no later than 4:30 pm. The parade will start at
5:30 pm. Do not block entrances into the parking lot.
9. Participants may perform before the judges, for no more than 2 minutes.
10. A representative from the parade entry should report to the judges table at the end of the parade
(East side of The Courthouse)
11 Persons driving / in control of a vehicle, must have a valid driver’s license & insurance or a parent/guardian
must provide their consent in writing, and assume liability.
12. The Washington County Chamber of Commerce is not liable for injuries to persons, animals, equipment
and/or vehicles participating in the parade.
13. To be eligible for judging, your entry form must be submitted to the Chamber by Tuesday, Nov. 20th.
The parade will begin from the parking lot behind Rite Aid. The parade will travel up Main Street to the Public Square. The parade will follow normal traffic flow around the square and disperse on Walnut Street. Participants are invited to come back to the square (on foot) to watch the Lighting of the Courthouse. Awards will be announced following the Lighting of the Courthouse.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 10:00