|Fire claims one life|
|Wednesday, 02 September 2009 00:00|
The Salem Fire Department received a call at 8:38 p.m. And arrived on the scene six minutes later with the ambulance arriving just before the Fire Department. The fire was contained as they arrived on the scene the department was notified that a women could possible be inside with that information they broke a sliding glass door and saw Martin, deceased. All ten apartment complexes were evacuated due to smoke. The fire was contained to just one apartment. All were evacuated for precautionary reason.
The Waters of Salem was generous enough to bring their transport vehicle to the scene and take all occupants of the apartment complex back to The Waters. The fire remains under investigation.
According to Deputy Coroner Steve Garloch, an autopsy was performed at Dunn Memorial Hospital in Bedford by Forensic Pathologist, James Jacobi, with the preliminary results of death revealed to be smoke inhalation. The final report of the autopsy and toxicology reports will not be completed for approximately four weeks, with the exact cause of death yet to be determined.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 September 2009 08:31|